Sunday, November 11, 2007

Obsessive Thoughts

So, I've been hearing a lot about recycling yarn by finding old (or new?) cheap sweaters and taking them apart to use the yarn. And being the obsessive person that I am, I can't stop THINKING about all the beautiful yarn just waiting for me to come along and rescue it from horrid sweaters. I've been checking out the sale racks at Old Navy, looking for ginormous sweaters (as big as I can find) that I can then dismantle and transform into beautiful yarn for my own use. MUAHAHAHAHAHA *evil grin*

I've even been reading about people taking the sweaters apart and then twisting that yarn together with other yarn to make thicker weight yarn, and also dying the yarn to make gorgeous new iterations of the lovely fibers. AND I saw someone (who know's how many are out there!) selling recycled yarn to which they have done just that! *drool*

So, now, being an avid knitter and yarn junkie, I am stuck obsessing over doing this to unsuspecting knitwear. You may be interested to know that I even have been eying my sweaters that have been sitting around for .... well, clearly for too long... and even ones that I wear frequently, to use for this luxurious yarn-finding/making expedition. Stay tuned, I will prevail!

No comments: